Saturday, November 28, 2009

Two new things in my life....

I can't believe I forgot to write about this here....
There are two new things in my life now...
Vouge India, and THE BOOK
Don't worry bloggy, I won't forget you... With you, I get to be on the world wide web! ;)

But seriously.... after french class, Vidhya, Smitha and me decide to walk to the Oxford Book Store. Primarily, the intention was to buy a couple of photo postcards or carte de postal,  for french class.
But if there's something that I can't stand, its going into a bookstore, and coming out without saying a 'hi' to the books... I mean, thats just rude!
SO we took a walk around the store. It was posh, smelled of books, had a small cafe on the mezzanine. My kinda place :)
We took a look at the poscards. I picked one of a stone sculpture in Goa. The other two got their picks.
Then we took a walk. God! Do I love bookstores! I was like a kid in a candy store!(I'm like a kid in a candy store even when I'm in a candy store! Don't blame me! I just chose not to grow up past 12!)
Food and Books. My two passions. Sometimes vice.
We took a stroll, commenting on each passing book that caught our eye. There were so many, that we were running around saying 'Hey! Look at this...hey! look at that!'

Thats when I picked 'The BOOK'.

I've always wanted to have a single book, to write in. OK, that sounded stupid.
Let me try again.
I've always wanted a book, to write my special thoughts. You know, the ones that transpire out of special moments?
I dint want to get a normal notebook for it. That book was going to have a part of me. It's got to be me!
I finally found it.
Hard bound, black, tied with strings, hand crafted out of recycled paper.

I'm a GO GREEN kind of person. Ask anyone who's met me. I never let people litter the streets with wrapping paper. I always use recycled paper, and 'urge' as in 'force' people to do the same, spend an extra 5 mins, switching off all the monitors before leaving work... the words!
I finally found my book. I'm just wondering what should be my first entry.
I was thinking I should write my first poem in it. I wrote it in the 8th grade. My English teacher, for a class activity, gave us a set of 8 words, and asked us to frame something, write a poem out of it. That sparked my writing interest. And now, I just can't stop.

I also picked up this month's edition of Vogue India. I've always wanted to buy a fashion magazine. Never had a chance. To me, fashoin, means Vogue. Coz when I first learned the phrase 'in vogue', I associated it with this magazine to remember it.
I loved it. I was so engrossed reading it first thing after I got home, that I totally forgot about lunch. I had lunch at 5 pm, after I finished reading it. I'm going to subscribe for it from next month.

Today, was a good day.
:)

7 comments:

Neo said...

so though food & books are your obsession... reading a book makes you forget about lunch. so we know who the winner is!

Smitha Gangadharan said...

Hey thanks buddy for mentionin our names in your blog.. Thanks to you we also got our 5 secs fame..;) 'n it sure was a good day yesterday..

Harish Sreedharan said...

So whats the poem?just put that up so that we can read it :)

Tina Dawson said...

@Neo:

Like you dint know! :P

Tina Dawson said...

@Smitha:

5 secs of fame... i dont think so... no one reads my blogs except u guys :P

Tina Dawson said...

@Harish:

It isn't a poem Harish... it's a .S.O.N.G.!!!! It's the next post... follow up!

Leah said...

Trust me tina.. If u'd ever write personal stuff.. HIDE that BOOK..!