Saturday, November 28, 2009

I wished that you'd never leave

I WISHED THAT YOU'D NEVER LEAVE .....

STANZA 1
It''s cold. It's silent.
Colors gone, all faded away.
I'm standing in a crowded place,
Yet, I'm all alone...
People shouting, running, laughing
but I don't feel a thing
I know I'm alive, empty inside
Can't stand it no more

CHORUS
I wished that you'd never leave
not today, or never
If things that were did not change
We'd be still together
I just hope that when you come back
you'd never have to go
so far from home again....

STANZA 2
Time goes, as always
Tomorrow's here, just the same
I'm waiting for that day to come
when you will be here
Until then, each day, that goes by
will find me here all alone
They see my smile, pain's all inside
hidden away....

BRIDGE
How could you leave me here like this
Without you life is just like mist
No matter how many times
I try to grab a hold
it slowly disappears....

2 comments:

Smitha Gangadharan said...

Can I ask you something Tina.. y is it that all poems have to be so sad 'n about separation 'n stuff. Not that what you have written is bad or somethin.. its good 'n you sure got talent.. you are a good writer whether it's a song or the blogs that u write.. you have got that way with words.. I have been in awe of you since the time I heard you narrate that story of Notredame.. it was so beautiful the way you were tellin it.. you have got that clarity of thought 'n it shows.. Mark my words.. you gonna go places, girl.. 'n am not sayin this to flatter you or anything .. I really mean it.. Wish you all the best..

PS: To the special person in Tina's life.. Dont ever ever think of leavin such a lovely person.. you gonna regret it..

Tina Dawson said...

It's a song Smitha... I must have been a little blue the day I wrote it... I've written one other 'happy' song... I'll put that up at the appropriate moment....
I'll sing this one to you when I get a chance(you'll never ask me to sing, again!):P