Saturday, November 28, 2009

A story in the sky


The most amazing thing happened to me the other day.....
I was in the bus, on my way home from work. Headphones in my ears, the wind in my hair and a song in my heart.... (too dramatic?? you'll see why...)
I think it was 'Nobody wants to be lonely' by Ricky Martin and Christina Aguillera playing.....
It was a starless night, with a tiny crescent moon, growing dull with each passing day....
I was admiring the sky... I've always been a cloud watcher.... I'm always conjuring up images in them... an occasional fish jumping out of the sea.... or a doughnut...
But what I saw, or witnessed, today, was something so breathtaking!!

Nothing can stand equal to actually witnessing this... I'll try my best to describe it...

There was a HUGE cloud, that was shaped like two people standing side by side, joined at the shoulders. In the centre, on the line joining the two 'people' was  clear space, shaped like a heart!
Every time I see images with heart shaped clouds, I always think 'pshhh! photoshop!'.... Guess I was wrong....
If you thought the story got over there, you're wrong....

Coz what I saw as I sat there in the bus, spellbound, wasn't an image in the sky. It was a movie...
In the next few seconds, I saw the wind 'turn' the heart upside down... !
I know it's hard to believe... but trust me... I wasn't dreaming, and I don't drink!
Then the wind got strong, and blew the clouds apart, such that, the separation happened like this: the space that the heart was, grew and grew, making the void bigger, seeming as though, the two people were drifting apart.
Slowly, the heart was gone, and the two clouds were almost apart. I say 'almost' because, they were still joined together by a streak of 'cloud' that looked like the two 'people' were holding hands....
Then the wind kept getting stronger, and the 'hands' began to part, and this looked like the two lovers, holding hands, had to part.
A few seconds, and the clouds were apart, drifting away into the cold, dark night.....

W.O.W!
It was an inspiration in itself, and I wrote a song
Coming up... on my next blog entry....

3 comments:

Smitha Gangadharan said...

Wow.. that is so beautiful.. you know this may sound odd but even I do love to watch the sky 'n I do end up makin out all this imaginary things out of the clouds.. 'n the past two days have been pretty good for cloud watchin.. sometimes when I have nothin else to do 'n wanna pass time I do this sky watching thing... its crazy but wot to do I love it so I do it.. 'n am happy to hear that someone else also shares this passion.. :)

Tina Dawson said...

I know smitha! watching the clouds is like being in another world! sometimes i wonder if i'm crazy to be conjuring messages from the sky... but then... hey! who cares!:)

Leah said...

How dramatic..! reminds me of the movie Jaane Tu...