Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pondicherry! Part 1

You know, this time last week, I was in a car, on my way to the little town of Pondicherry.
For those of you who dont know Pondicherry was a French colony, and there is still part of the town thats all French.
So it seemed only fair that we, at our French class, make this pilgrimage once to honour all that's good and French.

My teacher Sabita's birthday was last Saturday, and a few weeks earlier, she invited us to spend the weekend with her in Pondicherry. She was going with her husband, and she invited us to spend sometime with her there.
I must say, we got a better share of that bargain. Sorry Sabs.

Originally, the plan was to drive to Pondy, in Sharath's car. But then, last minute he dint have a driver, and we were all at a loss of transportation. It was the worst plan for a trip ever. That's because there was no plan.

So we all went to class as usual, Saturday, and gave Sabita her birthday surprise. So we said, Hi Saita, here's your birthday surprise, we're all going to be coming with you to Pondy in your car! Yeaah! :P
As sweet as she was, she agreed. SHe had planned on leaving to Pondy immediately after class, and one of us couldn't make it that early... there was a lot of drama, that might have been interesting to recount if you were there. So since you weren't there... let me just say, it was a complete mess... But finally, at 5:30 p.m. we were all packed in Sabita's car, on our way to Pondicherry.
I hope they won't mind me giving out names, I'm not rich enough to be sued!
It was Sabita, her amazing husband Ranjith, Smitha, Aparna, Vidhya, Sharath, Hiral et moi!
8+ driver = 9 of us packed in a car. WOW!
It was really sweet of Sabita and her husband. They were truly amazing. All the way, I kept thinking, if me and my husband will be so much fun when we hit their age.
Anyway, we reached sometime after 8:30. We got dropped off at the inn, 'Le maison blanche', checked in, changed, washed, and ran out for the dinner that we were already freakin' late to.

-To Be Continued....

No comments: